Sunday 2 November 2014

'The Sandwich' by Tony Bradman, read by Teacher Ann


The Sandwich

Oh what shall I have
Today for my tea?
I know - a sandwich,
As big as can be!

I'll start with the bread,
Two slices, quite large;
Then slap on some jam,
Oh yes, and some marge,

I'll put in some cheese,
A tomato or two,
And maybe an onion
This big one will do!

I'll bung in some lettuce,
A radish, of course,
And...a sizzling burger,
All covered in sauce!

Add in some chicken,
And maybe some chips,
Some biscuits, an apple,
A packet of crisps,

A cake with some candles,
Some chocolate (one bar),
Spaghetti, bananas,
Sweets from a jar,

Baked beans and humbugs,
Carrots and mustard,
All topped off with cream
And steaming hot custard...

Now a sandwich like that
You really can't beat,
It's packed out with goodies,
A real tasty treat.

There's only one problem;
It's breaking my heart...
It's such a big sandwich - 
Where do I start?

Tony Bradman





4 comments: